Sunday, February 26, 2023

Intro Examination Sample Research#3

     Today I will be reviewing another sample. Today I will not review any slasher movie but instead a heavily praised slasher film. This is because I want to see how movie titles and credits are incorporated in their work. This blog, I will examine "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (1974). I will also compare it to "Halloween" (1978) and "Friday the 13th" (1980) to see what I should incorporate into my own work. The movie opens with a date "August 18, 1973", it then fades to black but digging sounds are displayed. A sudden flash of decayed fingers, eyes, arms, and teeth are displayed. Then a close up of a corpse is displayed. The radio plays which tells the audience about cemetery body robberies. The camera then begins to zoom out and the audience sees two corpses. The title is then shown but the radio continues to play.

    I did not see the type of credits I hoped to see, however much was learned. In terms of arousing mystery, this intro did it the best. The brief showcases of the corpse help keep the audience invested but still scared. This intro differentiates from other intros as the lighting was normal and it was done in day. I think in this intro helped keep the audience engaged more and create mystery but the other intros displayed technique more efficiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

 Thank you for coming this far with me, I'd like to present my creative critical reflection. Podcast Presentation