Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Editing Research

 Editing is a critical part of the filmmaking process, as it can make or break a project. As a filmmaker, it's essential to be familiar with different editing techniques and styles to achieve the desired effect and tell the story effectively. Here's how I conducted research on editing techniques for my film project:

First, I started by reading articles on film editing online. I focused on learning about the various techniques used in film editing, such as cutting, cross-cutting, jump cuts, and montage. I also read about the importance of pacing, rhythm, and continuity in film editing, and how different editing techniques can be used to achieve these goals.

Next, I watched films and analyzed their editing techniques. I paid attention to how the film editors used different cuts, transitions, and effects to create an emotional impact and move the story forward. I also studied how the pacing and rhythm of the film were achieved through the use of editing techniques.

After watching several films, I plan to experiment with editing techniques on my own footage. I will practice using different cuts, transitions, and effects to see how they would affect the overall tone and flow of the film. I will also experiment with different pacing and rhythm techniques, such as changing the speed of the footage and using jump cuts.

Finally, I should seek feedback from my friends. I'll showed them our edited footage and ask for their thoughts on the pacing, rhythm, and emotional impact. I also asked for suggestions on how I could improve the editing techniques and achieve the desired effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

 Thank you for coming this far with me, I'd like to present my creative critical reflection. Podcast Presentation